About this series
The multi award-winning computing curriculum
Switched on Computing offers creative units using the latest free software in a format that is designed for teachers of all levels of experience to pick up and use. Used by over 6,000 primary schools, it will provide you with a complete programme to introduce a computing curriculum throughout your school.
Switched on Computing will:
- Deliver clear progression of skills from Year 1 to Year 6 through over 50 tried and tested projects
- Support teachers of all levels of experience with software demos and detailed step-by-step planning
- Provide complete coverage of the computing programme of study, helping your school to deliver a broad and balanced curriculum.
Download a free sample
View all products
Switched on Computing units
Switched on Computing includes six flexible units for each year group covering:
- Computational thinking
- Computer networks
- Communication and collaboration
- Online safety
View an overview of all the units.
Switched on Computing - top tips for how to get started
This 5-step guide provides you with some hints and tips to help you to fully embed Switched On Computing within your school successfully.
You can buy individual Year group packs, Key Stage packs or the complete pack for your whole school. The packs include:
Teacher's Guide and Classroom Posters:
- Six cross-curriclar units, one for each half-term
- Clear step-by-step teacher support
- Online safety roadmap
- Two posters for every unit offer top tips and highlight key vocabulary
- 60 bitesize CPD videos from author Miles Berry
- Software in 60 seconds on-screen software demos to explain unfamiliar software
- Unit-specific resources including example of outcomes and data sets
- A resource bank of sound effects and photos
- Excel-based Progress Tracker, open badges and pupil self-assessment record prompts
- PDFs of the Teacher's Guide and classroom posters
Purchase includes permanent online access to all of the resources via your My Rising Stars account.
Browse free stuff for computing
We have a fantastic collection of free resources to help you with the computing curriculum and with Switched on Computing, including:
Award-winning computing programme