Progress in Understanding Mathematics Assessment
Reliably assess attainment and progress in maths with termly standardised tests
Progress in Understanding Mathematics Assessment (PUMA) is a suite of termly standardised maths tests to enable schools to track progress, predict future performance and benchmark against national averages. Find out more about standardised tests.
- Provides a diagnostic profile for each pupil, including standardised score
- Helps monitor small increments of progress
- Supports the identification of strengths and weaknesses
- FREE online marksheets and reports to easily report outcomes by pupil, group or class
- Simple and quick to administer and mark
The same trusted and reliable PUMA questions can also be taken online:
- Auto-marking and instant progress and performance reports
- Easily and quickly analyse individual, group and class results
- Auto-saving function means that no data is lost
- Add variety to assessment methods
- Compatible with PC or tablet
- Reduce paper usage
What's included in PUMA?
Pupil Test Booklets
- Write-in booklets for children to complete the tests
- Features questions covering each of the content domains
- Each question is coded by curriculum area to allow easy profiling of the child's performance by category
Available in termly 10-copy packs, £17.00 per pack BUY
- Include full mark schemes and diagnostic profiling information with full support on marking and profiling the results
- PUMA curriculum maps define what is assessed each term, to support your planning - available online
Available for Key Stage 1, £40.00, and Key Stage 2, £50.00 BUY
Online marksheets and reports
Free online marksheets and reports will enable you to enter your pupils' test scores and generate powerful reports by pupil, group or class. You can access these reports via MARK (My Assessment and Reporting Kit) which is FREE to purchase online. Unlock access now.
National Tests correlation
We know how important it is for you to be able to predict your pupils’ SATs results with accuracy. That’s why we regularly carry out extensive research, with thousands of pupils, to ensure that PUMA scores continue to provide helpful information to predict SATs results. To find out about our most recent correlation study, click below!
Find our more about the correlation study
Deliver effective maths interventions
Using our targeted same-day intervention resources, On Track Maths and On Track English, alongside our free-to-use gap analysis and reporting tool, MARK, we have developed intervention grids for each PUMA test. These enable you to identify appropriate individual or small group intervention activities for the areas of weakness indicated in your pupils' test results. There are two types of interventions following each test: strand level intervention and area of learning intervention.
Find out more
Rising Stars Mathematics and PUMA Mapping
Rising Stars Mathematics has been matched to PUMA assessments to allow easy and efficient assessment of your classes' progress.
View the Rising Stars Mathematics and PUMA mapping
PUMA for Key Stage 3
Progress in Understanding Mathematics Assessment (PUMA) KS3 enables schools to accurately measure and predict pupil progress in maths and compare their performance against national averages. Find out more information on PUMA KS3.
Explore our other trusted, truly standardised tests
Please be advised that orders of the PUMA tests are restricted to schools/institutions only. Please supply an institutional address when you place your order as we are unable to fulfil orders with a private address. Please also note that the PUMA tests are NOT photocopiable.