New PiRA in comparison to the current edition
As a result of school closures during the 2020 Summer term, we have unfortunately had to delay the release of some of the test outcomes and features of New PiRA, which we know will determine whether you opt to use the new edition or the current edition of the papers. Click here to view important updates.
The current edition of PiRA (in both paper and online interactive format) is still available to purchase and will remain so until 31st July 2021.
We have received a number of questions from teachers about how our termly standardised test suites can be used outside of the recommended test windows to evaluate what pupils have learned, as well as understanding which areas they need more help with when schools re-open. Read FAQs.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your local Assessment Consultant.
A full breakdown of what's new about New PiRA
• Standardised in 2019/20 on over 10,000 pupils
• Increased number of inference, comparison and vocabulary questions that reflect national test question coverage more closely
• Phonics in the Year 1 tests have been replaced by reading for meaning, to match the curriculum
• Increased number of marks in the Year 2 Summer paper allows for a thorough diagnostic profile at the end of KS1
• Additional marks added to the Year 5 and Year 6 papers, providing more challenging questions and an opportunity to stretch and track progress of pupils working at greater depth
• Strands reflect the national test content domains, resulting in consistent and informative diagnostic profiling every term
• Comes with diagnostic profiling to inform teaching and learning
Order New PiRA
Order the current edition of PiRA