Due to school closures we have received a number of questions from teachers about how our termly standardised test suites (PiRA, PUMA, GAPS and NTS Assessments) can be used outside of the recommended test window when schools re-open. We have put together a list of FAQs to help guide you when using the papers to understand what pupils have learned during this time, as well as which areas they may need more help with. Read FAQs.
Termly tests that empower you to reliably benchmark performance and track progress against national averages in reading. Standardised on over 10,000 pupils in 2019/20/21.
New PiRA is an updated edition of our termly PiRA test suite, trusted by over 6,000 teachers to reliably benchmark performance and track progress against national averages in reading.
Based on feedback from teachers like you, we’ve completely updated the papers so that they reflect today’s teaching practice. To allow for comparisons against current national averages, we’ve also fully re-standardised the tests on thousands of pupils in 2019/20/21.
- Confidently assess each of the content domains in every termly test and generate diagnostics about strengths and weaknesses to inform teacher planning.
- Save time with papers that are quick and simple to administer and mark, carefully written to ensure a steady progression in demand.
- Trusted by over 6,000 schools to measure performance and identify gaps in learning from Reception to Year 6.
- Written by established authors who have years of teaching and test-writing experience and who are passionate about providing high-quality, diagnostic information to assist teachers and support children’s learning.
- Free downloadable access to your Test Guidance and Mark Schemes
Access your digital evaluation pack
Our pricing is really simple. It's £17.50 per 10-copy pack of termly tests for each subject and year group.
Free online mark schemes and test guidance are available with every purchase.
New PiRA is available to pre-order now!
- Autumn papers, mark schemes and test guidance publish in Summer 2020, ready for testing in Autumn 2020
- Spring papers, mark schemes and test guidance publish in Autumn 2020, ready for testing in Spring 2021
- Summer papers, mark schemes and test guidance publish in Spring 2021, ready for testing in Summer 2021
Please note that the current edition of PiRA (in both paper and online interactive format) is still available to purchase and will remain so until 31st July 2021. Full transition data that allows you to compare PiRA standardised scores to New PiRA standardised scores will be provided free of charge. If you wish to place an order whilst schools are closed, please expect your delivery when schools re-open.