Welcome to Supporting Schools
To make it as easy as possible for you to continue teaching from home, whether that’s by video (live or pre-recorded), email or your school’s online portal, we have selected our best resources, including Reading Planet Online and Achieve, to provide them for free during school closures.
Scroll down to view a variety of solutions across a range of subjects and topics that will help to keep pupils engaged and ensure that skills are maintained and developed throughout this term.
International school? Please find all our International offers here.
30-day free access to digital resources
To help you deliver lessons remotely, we’ve made many of our digital resources freely available for 30 days:
• Reading Planet Online Library: Discover over 500 interactive fiction and non-fiction eBooks and set as home learning tasks.
• Achieve SATs Success: Continue to teach children how to tackle KS2 SATs with ready-made interactive quizzes accessible from home, and monitor progress online.
• Cracking Comprehension Online: Allocate fun comprehension activities to pupils to do anywhere, anytime.
• Rising Stars Mathematics Online: Access KS1 and KS2 interactive mathematics resources including eTextbooks and downloadable, editable resources.
Free cross-curricular resources by year group
Search by year-group and discover a variety of ready-to-go digital lessons and resources, all of which can be shared with parents and guardians for home learning. Subjects include English and Literacy, Reading, Maths, Science and French.
Free Reading Planet eBooks, worksheets and guide
Reignite reading at home and continue to boost your pupils' reading skills with Reading Planet’s inspiring and empowering interactive eBooks and worksheets.
More free stuff
Continue to build confidence, knowledge and skills across a range of topics with our helpful blog articles full of resources, tips and suggestions:
• History KS1 and KS2: Access fun activities, games, suggestions and ideas from Rising Stars History Author Bev Forrest.
• Coding: Find Learn to Code coding activities that can be used by parents and guardians at home or read our blog offering coding advice for parents.
• Computing: Find a selection of Switched On Minecraft and Online Safety PDF resources structured by year group. You can also read our blog, packed with free computing ideas for parents.
• Wellbeing: Fun and colourful positive activities to spread happiness at home. In collaboration with The Happy Newspaper.
Evaluating pupil understanding in uncertain times
We have worked with experts to make suggestions about which of our resources will help you to effectively support the wellbeing and academic development of your pupils and identify gaps in understanding.
Explore additional resources and pages for Home Learning
As a parent of a four-year-old, I am incredibly impressed by your Rocket Phonics readers. When my son started to show an interest in reading and lockdown took place, I thought I’d better invest in a library of decodable readers. Two months in, he’s read over 60 books. Our favourite, by far, are the Rocket Phonics readers. They’re so much better than the Collins Big Cats, the Floppy’s Phonics, Songbirds, etc. and he really enjoys answering the questions at the end. I can honestly say that we’ve not found a single one to be boring, and that’s been crucial in giving him such an enthusiastic attitude to reading.
- Reading Planet Customer