Join Rising Stars and the National Science Learning Centre for a free online science CPD course on working scientifically!
We are delighted to invite you to a free online science CPD course hosted by Rising Stars and the National Science Learning Centre.
This course will explain what 'working scientifically' means in the new curriculum and will provide practical activities to support you in the classroom. All attendees of the complete course will receive a CPD certificate of attendance from the NSLC. It is completely free to attend, but places are limited!
• Develop their understanding of what is meant by 'Working Scientifically'
• Know how to create a 'Questioning Classroom'
• Be inspired to plan engaging, open ended investigations
• Recognise the variety of skills 'working scientifically' entails
• Be able to identify the skills children need to develop in order to plan investigations with increasing independence
About the speaker
Jane Winter is an experienced primary school teacher who has recently led her former school to twice achieve the Primary Science Quality Mark award at gold level. Her mission is to help children, staff and families recognise the science in world around them, instead of believing it to be a (difficult) subject that has nothing to do with them. She now works for CIEC and regularly works with in-service teachers at the National Science Learning Centre.
, Computing and ICT
, English and Literacy
, Grammar, Spelling and Punctuation
, Intervention and SEN
, More able
, Reading and Ebooks
, Revision and Practice
, Science and Technology
, Switched on Science