It’s the start of the new academic year and for many this signals the official start of a level-free approach to assessment.
To help you navigate your way through the numerous changes to the National Tests and understand how schools are expected to measure progress and attainment in the absence of levels, we have pre-recorded a free webinar. This is available to listen to by clicking play on the below screen, at any time, from anywhere, so you can digest all this useful information when it best suits you.
Put aside 45 minutes to listen to Camilla Erskine, our Consultant Publisher for Assessment, cover the following key areas:
- An update on changes to the assessment and accountability landscape in England
- What the removal of National Curriculum levels means for primary schools in terms of pupil attainment and progress
- Overview of how Ofsted will judge attainment and progress without levels
- What schools are doing in response to these changes
- Sources of information and support
- A brief overview of the Rising Stars and Hodder Education assessment solutions for primary schools (with special discounts for webinar viewers)
Watch our recorded webinar and you will gain:
- Understanding of the implications of the new National Curriculum for assessment in primary schools
- Awareness of key changes to the primary assessment system and what the removal of National Curriculum levels means for schools, teachers, pupils and parents
- An overview of how primary schools are responding to the changes in the assessment system
- Knowledge of where to go for information and support on changes to the assessment system
A bit about our host
Camilla Erskine is an assessment publishing specialist who has worked in educational and academic publishing for 15 years. She is Consultant Publisher at Rising Stars Ltd, where she develops assessment resources for and with schools. She specialises in commissioning and developing new digital and print content, with a focus on assessment, revision and teacher professional development resources. Camilla is also a Trustee and Director of the Geographical Association, the leading subject association for teachers of geography.
We’d love to receive your feedback on how useful you found the content of this webinar either via Twitter @Risingstarsedu, or you can email Camilla on email@example.com.
, national tests
, new curriculum
, summative assessment