Join us on the second part of our journey with St Barnabas Church of England First and Middle School as we explore their use of our termly standardised assessment suites PiRA, PUMA, GAPS and NTS Assessments. St Barnabas also makes full use of MARK, our free online assessment and reporting tool trusted by over 6,000 schools.
Last week, in Part 1 of the St Barnabas Series, we learned all about Stephen Booth’s (St Barnabas’ Acting Head Teacher) experience with PiRA, PUMA and GAPS. This week, we are going to hear what the pupils themselves have to say about sitting the papers!
What is the Reception to Year 6 pupils’ favourite thing about PiRA?
- “The stories and all of the texts.”
- “Getting the clues out of the text and putting them into my own words!”
- “The stories, because some of them are thrilling, some of them are factual and I just like answering the questions about them.”
What is the Reception to Year 6 pupils’ favourite thing about PUMA?
- “Big numbers.”
- “They’re quite challenging usually, and I like to be challenged.”
- “The variety of questions.”
What is the Reception to Year 6 pupils’ favourite thing about GAPS?
- “You get to know new words.”
- “I can practice my SATs and I can practice being under a test condition, so that when I finally do my SATs I’ll feel more comfortable.”
- “When I answer the questions I’m quite proud of myself!”
Watch this video to hear what else the pupils’ at St Barnabas have to say about PiRA, PUMA and GAPS.
Keep your eyes open
We’ll be back next Tuesday with our third blog in the St Barnabas Series. We’ll be focussing on St Barnabas’ experience of our new, termly, National Test-style, standardised suite, NTS Assessments. In the meantime, have a great week!