On 30th May 2019 the DfE published data on the number of children with an education, health and care (EHC) plan or statement of special educational needs.
- As of January 2019, 354,000 children have EHC plans maintained by local authorities.
- The number of EHC plans has increased by 11% from 2018 to 2019. 34,2000 young people had EHC plans in 2018.
- Children aged 11-15 account for the largest percentage of young people with EHC plans (36%).
- 48,900 new EHC plans were made for children in 2018 - a 16% increase compared to the number made in 2017.
- The number of EHC plans issued has increased each year since their introduction in 2014.
Read the full article here.
Tagskey stage 1
, key stage 2
, key stage 3