On 9th July 2018, the DfE released an update on the development of the multiplication tables check (MTC).
About the MTC
- Between 10th June - 28th June 2019 a national voluntary pilot will be run to allow schools to familiarise themselves with the check before it becomes statutory in June 2020.
- Schools will have a 3- week window to administer the tests, and teachers have the flexibility to check individual children, small groups or a whole class at the same time.
MTC development process
- A series of trials have been conducted in schools to inform the construction of the MTC questions and determining the timing of the questions.
- An MTC assessment framework will be published during the 2018/19 academic year.
- Access arrangements are currently being finalised to make the MTC as accessible as possible.
Read the full article from the DfE.
, key stage 2