Read our new case study from Dairsie Primary School in Fife if you're interested in learning more about the impact of Rocket Phonics in schools. Head Teacher, Sarah Donald, details how effective the Rocket Phonics programme has been when teaching and learning phonics. Here are some key insights:
- All children have increased phoneme and grapheme recall and recognition
- Blending has improved for all children
- The storylines within the Target Practice Books are current, appealing to children and very well written
- With Rocket Phonics, staff know exactly which books to go to next as well as the supporting information, tips, questions and next steps for parents
- In the few weeks the resource has been used, children have become increasingly independent working through the Pupil Practice Booklets, with fewer children requiring support to complete the tasks.
Read the full case study here
If you would like to learn more about Rocket Phonics, our new story-based systematic synthetic phonics programme for Reception and Year 1 (P1-P2), click here.
If you are using Rocket Phonics in your school and would like to share your experience you can Tweet us at @RisingStarsEdu
, Reading and Ebooks
, reading scheme
, Rising Stars Reading Planet