Switched on ICT in the Early Years
Use ICT to engage and inspire your reception children
Switched on ICT in the Early Years provides creative activities that fit easily within EYFS settings and puts ICT at the heart of learning. Children develop ICT skills through meaningful experiences that cover all the prime and specific areas of learning and development.
- Written to support the EYFS framework
- Units cover each of the prime and specific areas
- Enable all practitioners, regardless of skills or confidence, to embed ICT in their teaching
- Use with free software or software you already own
Switched on ICT has been developed in association with the London Borough of Havering School Improvement Services and a team of ICT specialists.
Tricia Neal - an e-learning consultant and PGCE Early Years ICT tutor. Former Primary teacher and Local Authority Advisory Teacher.
Rachel Ager - an educational consultant, former Primary school teacher and Local Authority Early Years ICT Advisor.
How to use it in your school
The Early Years pack includes:
- Planning notes
- Assessment guidance
- Extension ideas and curriculum links
Fully Networkable CD-ROM and permanent online access
- Teacher’s book as a PDF
- Editable versions of the classroom envelope and technology labels
- Software demo videos – an easy to way to get to grips with unfamiliar software
- Bank of free resources including images, sound effects, sticker templates, editable certificates
- Guidance for safe and responsible use of technology
- Spreadsheet for recording and tracking pupil progress