Developed and updated by our team of assessment experts and designed to support your school’s Assessment for Learning Strategy, these half-termly reading and writing tests and tasks provide a National Curriculum sub-level for each child that match the renewed Framework for Literacy.
Reading tests include locating information, justifying options, inference and authorial style. There are a variety of writing tests requesting both long and short writing techniques.
- Provides periodic ‘light-touch’ assessments to support Assessment for Learning
- Enables schools to monitor progress on an ongoing basis and report to both Local Authorities and parents with confidence
- Assessments are quick and easy to use
- Establishes a National Curriculum sub-level for reading and writing for each child
The New Edition also offers:
- Redesigned, pupil-friendly test material
- Full coverage of AF7 for reading
- Improved diagnostic material including:
Diagnostic profiles for reading
Pupil target sheets for writing – complements APP
Diagnostic material is now available in both the books and the CD-ROMs
- Comprehensive mark schemes that cover the complete range of levels and sub-levels for each test
- All level thresholds checked against pupil performance in the QCA KS1 and KS2 tests and optional tests in English
Why buy on CD-ROM?
- One-off purchase price includes a permanent whole-school licence - there is no annual fee to pay
- Material can be printed out or used on a whiteboard
- Pupil progress record sheets
- Mark book for you to record your pupil’s results
- Interactive Level Calculator to work out the sub-levels
- Data Exporter – save your pupils’ results to your in-house database or import into Excel